The best thing you can do is either measure your favourite ring or your finger (see instructions below). If it's a present, see if you can borrow a ring and measure it.
Women's ring sizes:
Inner diameter approx. 16 mm = size 52 (S)
Inner diameter approx. 17.4 mm = size 54 (M)
Inner diameter approx. 18.7 mm = size 58 (L)
Men's ring sizes:
Inner diameter approx. 18.7 mm = size 58 (S)
Inner diameter approx. 20 mm = size 62 (M)
Inner diameter approx. 21 mm = size 65 (L)
If you can't borrow a ring, then our advice is that everyone has at least one finger that fits the size M. When in doubt, go larger; it’s easier to size down than up.
Step-by-step guide to finding your ring size:
- Pick the finger you want to measure (remember that heat, water retention, etc. can make your fingers shrink or swell - and that fingers on your dominant hand are usually bigger than on your non-dominant hand)
- Take a piece of string/paper and wrap it around your finger, close to the knuckle. Make sure it’s snug but not too tight.
- With a pen, carefully mark the spot where the string overlaps with its end.
- Lay the piece flat and hold it up to a ruler that has millimetre measurements.
- Use the Black Buddha measurements below to determine your ring size.